The student news site of Howard W. Blake High School in Tampa, Florida

You Tuber exploits dead body

Logan Paul asks for a second chance for the massive mistake made in Japan.

January 24, 2018

You Tuber Logan Paul  is a vlogger with 15 million subscribers who decided to go to Japan for conspiracy theories on the Aokigahara Forest (also called the Suicide Forest). While he was there, he posted a video of a dead man hanging from a tree ant then laughed and acted in a unruly manner with his friends. He later uploaded the video of victim’s body on January 1. Many people were outraged by his actions. Logan then deleted the video on the January 6. In response to the outrage he said that “the video was supposed to be a fun vlog but when we saw the body he didn’t know how to react” and that the video was a raw tape and was unplanned. 

In an apology video, Logan says, “Like many others, we were upset by the video that was shared last week. Suicide is not a joke nor should it ever be a driving force for views.” Many  people have tweeted about the situation and have called Logan many names. Celebrities believe that he’s a very sick person and doesn’t deserve any followers. In Japan, it has been reported that Logan was harassing business owners, interfered with drivers, and was kicked out of Japanese shrine.

Student D’Antay Carson thinks that the “suicide video was too far and that he was wrong for what he did”. In agreement is Sam Hernandez. “He should have never  posted the video and he should have never laughed at the man because he wouldn’t have liked it if it was him.” On the other hand, Georgie Hough remarked that “people should forgive  him because if you watch his YouTube channel you know that he’s not the smartest and he does stupid things for views “. 

Since the incident Logan’s career has been falling to the ground. He was fired from You Tube Red, and removed from a preferred spot. Advertisers are also not happy with the scandal. Logan’s dad states that he will be back soon but is taking a break for a while, but according to YouTube he was spotted with a camera vlogging once again. Logan has said “he has made a severe and continuous lapse in my judgement.  I don’t expect to be forgiven I’m just simply here to apologize.” Is this enough to keep his career intact, and have a second chance? That remains to be seen.